Welcome to Arrowhead Academy
- Stop memorizing textbooks and formulas
- Learn and understand by having complex information demystified
- Develop confidence and master skills with ease and fun
- Understand what is actually happening with your patient
- Intervene in a timely manner
- Apply your knowledge with confidence
DOWN TO THE OF THE MATTER is....
- A forty hour coronary care course that can be commenced at any time, by contacting me, when there are a minimum of four interested candidates.
- Specifically for nurses who want to understand the heart and how it works in order to provide better care for all their patients, whether they are cardiac patients or not.
- Low-key and fun!
- Structured so that no previous knowledge or experience in ECG interpretation is required to attend, and free tutoring is offered at any time.
What's different about this course? It is...
- Taught in such a manner that information is understood rather than memorized
- Limited to what you must know at the bedside in order to give competent care
- No previous knowledge in ECG interpretation is required
- Attendance for four hours per week, for ten weeks is mandatory
- Application forms to RNAO for fee reimbursement are supplied
- Flexible fee payments are available
- Official receipts are issued for the fee that excludes the text cost
CERTIFICATES & EXAM
- Pass mark is 80%
- Exam mark is inscribed on the Certificate of Attendance and Participation
- Certificates are issued for 40 hours of study credit
Level 1: Anatomy & Physiology, Coronary Circulation, Blood Pressure & Cardiac Output, Autonomic Nervous System, Electrophysiology, Waveform Significance, Analysis Sequence.
Level 2: Sinus, Atrial & Junctional Dysrhythmias
Level 3: Atrioventricular Blocks, Intraventricular Blocks, Ventricular Dysrhythmias
Level 4: Rhythm-strip interpretations through practice
Levels 5, 6, & 7: 12 and 15-Lead ECG Interpretation
Level 8: Axis Deviation, Hypertrophies, Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation
Level 9: Electrical Therapy for life-threatening rhythms
Level 10: Drug Calculations, Cardiac Drugs, Intravenous Insertion Tips
Next Course: Monday March 2, 2015
Time: TBD. Please call me to confirm.
Where: 70 Spring Street, Almonte, Ontario.
Fee: $2,000.00 includes text that will be provided the first day of class.
Cancellation fee of $100 three weeks prior to commencement of class.
Choose your method of payment:
- Weekly in cash: $200 for ten weeks
- Four cheques for $500 each: First day of class, & post-dated to weeks 3, 5 and 8.
- Cheque for $2000.00 that will be cashed first day of class.
Direct any questions to:
Wilma McQuaker R.N., E.N.C.C. Course Director and Instructor
Home 613-256-1322: Cell 613-862-1322 or